HOW TO MEASURE YOUR KITCHEN
Good planning begins - and ends - with accurate measurements. Using the measuring procedure
illustrated, you can prepare a simple fl oor plan of your kitchen. With this information, our kitchen
specialists will be able to help design the kitchen of your dreams.
1. Measure your overall space
Draw a diagram of your kitchen, locating all windows and doors in their approximate positions. Note
on the drawing the overall wall lengths of each wall. See Measuring Procedure for more details on
how to measure your space. Please note the following:
- All of your measurements should be in inches. For example, if you measure a wall that is 10 feet,
write it as 120 inches — a quotation mark (“) denotes inches.
- If you are replacing your cabinets, do not include current cabinets or furniture such as kitchen
tables in your measurements.
- Indicate the precise location of the center-line of the current sink, range, wall-oven and installed
Using a tape measure and graph paper (provided on the following page), start in the corner of your
kitchen and measure the following:
1. Measure from wall to wall.
2. Measure from corner to window or door opening.
3. Measure across opening from trim edge to trim edge.
4. Measure from edge of trim to far wall. Compare sum of #2, #3 and #4 measurements to step #1.
5. Mark location of water, drain, gas lines, and electrical outlets and switches.
6. Measure from wall to wall above window and compare to #1.
7. Measure from fl oor to window sill.
8. Measure from window sill to top of window.
9. Measure from top of window to ceiling.
10. Measure from fl oor to ceiling. Compare to sum of #7, #8 and #9.
2. Appliance & fixture info.
Knowing the dimenions of your appliances and fi xtures is quite helpful in designing a kitchen that is
tailored to fi t your space and your needs. Please provide the following information:
3. Design on a Computer
After you’ve completed your kitchen layout drawing, bring it to our showroom where we can discuss
layout options to maximize your space.
To schedule a time to meet with one of our kitchen and bath associates, call us at 408.436.8684 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting 408.436.8684 end_of_the_skype_highlighting
or email us at
YOUR NAME: PHONE#: EMAIL: